Big 12 Media Days notebook: Upset of OSU still lingers for Iowa State
Win derailed Cowboys’ national title hopes and helped Cyclones’ recruiting efforts
Iowa State’s double-overtime upset of Oklahoma State hurt the Big 12 — it kept the Cowboys out of the national title game — but did wonders for the Cyclones. Gave Iowa State a bowl berth and a night to remember for the greatest win in program history.
“I think the most significant component of that victory for our football program has been national attention,” said Cyclone coach Paul Rhoads. “And you play that game on a Friday...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims