Big 12 Conference must let Bob Bowlsby lead
Berry Tramel: League has a history of weak commissioners. But the changing landscape of college athletics calls for a bold man at the top.
IRVING, Texas — In the wake of the Penn State scandal, the Big Ten Conference produced an 18-page plan that included a stunning proposal.
Give commissioner Jim Delany the power to fire football coaches.
When the idea hit the public square, the Big Ten quickly backtracked and said that proposal would not be considered by league fathers.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City