1. OklahomaEverything is in place for a national title run. Now it's a matter of doing it — and finishing.
Big 12 Insider John Helsley ranks the Big 12 teams 1-12:
2. MissouriTigers couldn't handle the Sooners a year ago. QB Daniel and Co. hoping for another shot in Kansas City.
3. Texas TechIf ever the Raiders were to become a full-fledged contender, with 18 returning starters, this is the year.
4. KansasDon't expect a major dropoff; QB Reesing and stout defense won't allow it.
5. TexasLove the Colt at QB, but where are the other playmakers on offense?
6. Oklahoma StateNothing new, Pokes face crucial opener, then two key swing games — A&M and at Colorado — to confirm improvement.
7. ColoradoBest bet to pull a 2007 KU, but the Buffs are likely a year away from a major move up.
8. Kansas StateThe shift to Wildcat Community College sniffs of an act of desperation in Manhattan.
9. NebraskaWill be better — and tougher under Pelini — but it's still a rebuilding phase.
10. Texas A&MYou'll be stunned how little talent Fran left behind.
11. Iowa StateShowed resilience a year ago, but there's still a deficiency of overall talent.
12. BaylorThere's optimism in Waco, for what that's worth.