Big 12 to introduce Bowlsby as new commissioner
IRVING, Texas (AP) — The Big 12 Conference has scheduled a Friday news conference to introduce former Stanford University athletic director Bob Bowlsby as the new conference commissioner.
The news conference is scheduled for the conference headquarters in the Dallas suburb of Irving. He'll succeed interim commissioner Chuck Neinas, who succeeded the ousted Dan Beebe in September.
Bowlsby is scheduled to take the Big 12 reins on June 15 after six years running the Stanford athletic programs.
The 60-year-old Bowlsby had passed up several chances to leave Stanford over the years. He's a nationally respected college administrator whom Stanford hired away from Iowa in 2006 after 15 years spent running the Hawkeyes' athletic department.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law