Big 12 upset: Oklahoma State over Oklahoma
Bob Stoops is 79-5 in home games. But his Sooners have lost thrice at Owen Field in their last eight home games.
Clearly, OU's homefield mystique is gone. Time was, the Sooners not only won at home, they clubbed visiting teams.
NewsOK Related Articles
Florida State 47-17. TCU 35-10. Texas Tech 65-21. That, too, is gone. The last couple of years, even when OU is winning at home, it's not all that impressive. Witness the 42-34 survival of Baylor two weeks ago.
Now the Sooners are coming off 50-49 survival at West Virginia, a game in which they gave up 778 total yards.
Now OSU comes to Norman having a Cinderella season. Not a Cinderella team, but Cinderella players. The Cowboys have gone three quarterbacks deep to get to 7-3 and stay on the fringes of the Big 12 title chase.
Virtually anything seems possible in this game in which OU is an 8 1/2-point favorite, but let's go with the Cowboys in the upset.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?