Big 12 upset: Oklahoma State over Oklahoma
Bob Stoops is 79-5 in home games. But his Sooners have lost thrice at Owen Field in their last eight home games.
Clearly, OU's homefield mystique is gone. Time was, the Sooners not only won at home, they clubbed visiting teams.
NewsOK Related Articles
Florida State 47-17. TCU 35-10. Texas Tech 65-21. That, too, is gone. The last couple of years, even when OU is winning at home, it's not all that impressive. Witness the 42-34 survival of Baylor two weeks ago.
Now the Sooners are coming off 50-49 survival at West Virginia, a game in which they gave up 778 total yards.
Now OSU comes to Norman having a Cinderella season. Not a Cinderella team, but Cinderella players. The Cowboys have gone three quarterbacks deep to get to 7-3 and stay on the fringes of the Big 12 title chase.
Virtually anything seems possible in this game in which OU is an 8 1/2-point favorite, but let's go with the Cowboys in the upset.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located