Big doubleheader caps Tip-Off Marathon
BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — Defending champion Kentucky will play Duke, and Michigan State meets Kansas in the Champions Classic Doubleheader that will cap ESPN's 24-hour Tip-Off Marathon.
The network announced Wednesday that the fifth annual day of hoops will start Nov. 13 at midnight EDT with West Virginia at Gonzaga.
Eleven games will follow, capped by the marquee doubleheader in Atlanta's Georgia Dome.
Sixteen conferences will be represented in the marathon. Despite Butler and Xavier both being in the Atlantic 10, their game in Cincinnati will be a nonconference matchup since it was scheduled before Butler joined the conference for this season.
Eight schools will make their debut in the marathon: Davidson, Detroit, Harvard, Houston Baptist, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, Valparaiso and Xavier.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater