Bikers donate gifts for toy ride
Oklahoma City Toy Ride helps provide Christmas toys for needy children in the Oklahoma City area.
Rick England, Feed the Children chairman of the board, told the bikers their generosity was appreciated.
Mark Opgrande, public relations manager for Feed the Children, said the event was supported by Fellowship of Christian Bikers and the central Oklahoma district of A Brotherhood Aiming Toward Education, ABATE-COD, a motorcycle advocacy and education organization.
“They do this toy drive every year and we give the toys out to agencies mostly in the central Oklahoma region,” Opgrande said.
“We're ecstatic to do this with them every year.”
Neil, 68, of Oklahoma City, said he typically participates in several toy rides held throughout the metro area each year.
“The children need help and I do anything I can to help out, especially at this time of year,” he said.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments