Bikes share space with cars at Detroit auto show
The Prius-branded concept bike, which was developed in 2011, is a traditional bike designed in cooperation with Parlee Cycles. In addition to a lightweight carbon-fiber frame, it includes electronic shifters and a smartphone dock. A concept bicycle is one that showcases an idea but is typically not immediately ready for production.
Kia, which traces its roots back to the 1940s when it started as a bike manufacturer, has the K Velo on display. It's designed by Peter Schreyer, who oversees design for Kia and Hyundai. Featuring 20-inch wheels and a compact frame, the bike is sold in South Korea.
In addition to the Outback, which has two bikes on its rooftop rack, Subaru gave a nod to outdoor enthusiasts with rooftop racks holding skis and snowboards on some other vehicles.
Consumers' associations with bicycles are generally positive, Anwyl said, even if a vehicle doesn't have room to easily stow a bike.
Follow David Runk on Twitter: http://twitter.com/runkdavi
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins