Bilbao fights back for 2-2 draw at Valladolid
VALLADOLID, Spain (AP) — Forward Markel Susaeta scored one goal and set up another to lead Athletic Bilbao's fightback for a 2-2 draw at Valladolid in the Spanish league on Friday.
Valladolid had an excellent start with striker Javi Guerra heading home its opener eight minutes in after Bilbao's Aritz Aduriz had hit the post.
Alberto Bueno then doubled the hosts' lead in the 15th when he toed Daniel Larsson's pass beyond goalkeeper Gorka Iraizoz.
But Oscar de Marcos pulled one back for Bilbao in the 22nd by redirecting Susaeta's cross off the upright and into the net, and, after Guerra had hit the upright, Susaeta completed the comeback by tapping in a corner at the far post in the 50th.
"The team has improved its image over the past few games," Susaeta said. "We hope we can continue to do so and move up the standings."
Bilbao remained in 13th place and unbeaten in three games, while Valladolid stayed in 10th place.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort