Bills S Jairus Byrd nursing swollen right foot
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd has a swollen right foot, but is not expected to miss any playing time.
Coach Chan Gailey said tests were negative on Monday, a day after Byrd was hurt in a 35-17 win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Gailey expects Byrd to be healthy to play at Cleveland on Sunday.
Byrd was spotted wearing a protective boot after team meetings.
Defensive tackle Marcell Dareus was excused after he returned home to his native Alabama following the game. Dareus is back with his family to mourn the loss of his younger brother, who was shot and killed during a burglary in a suburb of Birmingham, Ala., on Sept. 9.
Though it's unclear when Dareus will return to practice, he is expected to play Sunday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated