Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4444Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4106Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Bin 73 singles out the partnerless for Valentine's party
By Dave Cathey
| Published: February 13, 2013
Singletons in greeting-card-carrying countries have long marked Feb. 14 with a black ‘X' on their collective calendar, but Bin 73, 7312 N Western Ave., is determined to create a celebratory haven for them this Valentine's Day.
Whether you're lovesick or sick of love, you are welcome to join chef/owner Beau Stephenson's Singles Awareness Day Party.
“This party is all about the singles, but couples are welcome to join us, too,” Stephenson said.
To celebrate the single with the single, Bin 73 will offer a complementary buffet, music and specials on libations.
The bar turned restaurant and bar turns 9 in August.
“We were a straight-up bar when we first opened,” Stephenson said. “We served some tapas, but the focus was on wine and nightlife in the beginning.”
Demand for the great bar food Bin 73 served increased, and pretty soon lunch service was added. Stephenson took advantage of being next door to Bill Kamp's meat market by adding burgers to the menu, using Kamp's ground beef.
“That was a no-brainer,” Stephenson said. “His beef is incredible.”
And the burgers at Bin 73 represent that excellent beef beautifully, especially when they do their burger bar from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays. Guests can choose their ingredients to create a custom burger.
The menu also includes chicken sandwiches that come in Cuban, Caesar, and Cajun. You'll also find four pastas entrees and four entree salads to choose from. And for you caveman-dieters, there's the Chuck and Kord protein plate.
The tapas Bin 73 began with have evolved since 2004. The current tapas options include cheese platter, grilled salsa, spring rolls, green chile queso, red pepper hummus, Asian-influenced short ribs, hot wings, mushroom risotto, smoked salmon, a pommes frites sampler, blue cheese fondue and a Mediterranean sampler that includes manchego cheese, Kalamata olives pepperoncinis and almonds.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Feb 13Whether you're lovesick or sick of love, you are welcome...