Bishop installs new dean at St. Paul's Episcopal Cathedral in Oklahoma City
The Rev. Justin Lindstrom was recently installed as new dean of St. Paul's Episcopal Cathedral during a service at the downtown Oklahoma City church, 127 NW 7.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 6 photos
“It was just a fantastic day,” Lindstrom said. “I don't think my feet have hit the ground yet.”
Meanwhile, Konieczny said Lindstrom is a good fit for St. Paul's, the Episcopal diocese and the Oklahoma City metro area at large.
“I was very impressed with Justin's passion for the mission of the church,” Konieczny said.
The bishop said St. Paul's is the home church of the Episcopal bishop in Oklahoma.
Consequently, he said, Lindstrom, as the cathedral's dean, acts as a representative of the bishop and the diocese as well as St. Paul's.
Lindstrom said he is excited to serve in his new role and particularly pleased with the atmosphere of renewal and revitalization in Oklahoma City.
“This is an awesome place, and the cathedral community wants and needs to be a part of that,” he said.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes