Blanchard man killed in Oklahoma highway crash with bus identified
A pickup driven by Winston Unruh, of Blanchard, rear-ended a school bus that had stopped on U.S. 62 in Grady County. No one on the bus was injured in the crash Monday in Chickasha.
CHICKASHA — Authorities have released the name of the man who died about 3:35 p.m. Monday when a pickup and school bus crashed.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Winston Unruh, 40, of Blanchard, was the driver of the pickup that rear-ended a Chickasha school bus with nine students aboard just west of State Highway 39 on U.S. 62 in Grady County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
Unruh was flown by helicopter to OU Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 7:23 p.m. Monday of massive head, internal and external trunk, arm and leg injuries.
The patrol reports Unruh was eastbound when he failed to slow for the stopped school bus and hit it. Bus driver Roger Haney, 53, of Amber, and the bus passengers were not injured, the patrol reports.
The bus had stopped to allow another vehicle to make a left turn into a private drive, the patrol reports.
Seat belts were in use in both vehicles.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense