Blanchard runs with Braden Stringer and Stephen Davis
Pair has Lions roaring in the playoffs again
He came from Wichita, Kan., to Blanchard to visit his aunt and uncle that summer and never left after attending Blanchard's “Summer Pride” football camp.
“I was supposed to come down for two weeks,” Davis said. “‘I was never supposed to stay.”
Davis convinced his parents to allow him to live with his aunt and uncle so he could go to school in Blanchard and play football.
“My dad wasn't going to let me do it at first, but he had a change of heart,” Davis said.
Stringer is perhaps the best athlete on the team. He also plays baseball and was a state runner-up in wrestling last season. Stringer also is a state powerlifting champion.
Stringer's work ethic is infectious, Craig said
“He is just a kid with a tremendous drive to be highly successful,” Craig said. “He has such a tremendous work ethic that he has just infected our whole team.”
Stringer, who also plays safety on Blanchard's defense, had one of three Lion interceptions of Jones quarterback David Cornwell in the first game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister