Blanchard shuts out Hilldale
The Blanchard Lions roared their way to victory in the Class 3A quarterfinals, earning a spot in the state semifinals for the first time since 1979, with a dominant 42-0 win over visiting Hilldale on Friday night.
NewsOK Related Articles
Big plays were a big part of the Blanchard romp, none bigger than a 63-yard touchdown run by senior back Stephan Davis in the fourth quarter.
The win marks the first time since 1979, when the Lions won the championship, that Blanchard has made the state semifinals.
"I think it means a lot," Lamle said. "It's been a long time since a Blanchard team has made the semifinals and we're all really proud of our teammates."
As much as the offense was unstoppable, the Lions defense was unyielding, allowing just 117 yards of total offense and forcing four turnovers.
"Our defense has really played well the past couple of weeks," Craig said. "We're probably as healthy as we've been since about midseason and it's a good time to hit our stride. Our guys have just really honed in on what the other team does and our film study has been ratcheted up, our practice have been ratcheted up, the kids' attention has been ratcheted up … They're just really paying attention to every little detail that we can pick up of our opponent and they've applied that to game nights."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims