Blazers' win streak at 10 after 113-101 victory

Published on NewsOK Modified: November 24, 2013 at 1:09 am •  Published: November 24, 2013

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Wes Matthews had a pretty good seat for Portland's 10th straight win.

It just happened to be in the Trail Blazers' locker room.

One of three players ejected in the third quarter following a scuffle with Golden State, Matthews spent the final 15 minutes watching the game on TV with teammate Mo Williams after both players were tossed.

The two players saw yet another dramatic comeback by one of the biggest surprise teams in the Western Conference.

LaMarcus Aldridge had 30 points and 21 rebounds and the Trail Blazers beat the Warriors 113-101 on Saturday.

"That inspired us," said Matthews of the altercation that resulted in six technical fouls in addition to the ejections.

"We got better from it, we got stronger from it. Mo and I were continuing to cheer. They couldn't hear us, but we were continuing to cheer."

One night after rallying from 21 down to beat the Chicago Bulls 98-95, Portland again had to play from behind, but rode a big fourth quarter from Aldridge to keep the winning streak going.

Aldridge made 11 free throws in the fourth quarter to highlight his sixth double-double this season. Matthews had 23 points while Bay Area native Damian Lillard added 20 points and nine assists for the Blazers.

"We rode LaMarcus in the second half," Portland coach Terry Stotts said. "He took it inside, got to the free throw line, made his free throws, offensive rebounds. He did it all and we rode him."

The Blazers, playing the second half of a back to back, appeared to be tiring late in the third quarter when things got chippy between the teams not long after Matthews was whistled for a technical foul when Aldridge was knocked flat on his back.

Moments later, Portland reserve center Joel Freeland and Golden State's Andrew Bogut then got into a shoving match in front of the Warriors bench.

Aldridge joined the fray, which quickly escalated. At one point, Matthews was stopped after charging toward a group of Golden State players, while Warriors reserve Draymond Green had to be restrained by several teammates and coaches.

"Everybody was sticking up for everybody," Stotts said. "The game was kind of going back-and-forth. I don't know if we had a lot going, but I thought it really brought us together."

Referees conferred for several minutes following the dust-up and watched replays on a monitor before issuing six technical fouls and three ejections. Matthews and Williams, along with Green, were all tossed.