Blues invite veteran D Colin White for tryout
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Blues addressed depth on defense, signing veteran defenseman Colin White to a tryout contract for training camp.
The 35-year-old White is a 12-year veteran and played in 54 games for the San Jose Sharks last season. He had one goal and three assists.
White was on the ice for a scrimmage Tuesday night after signing earlier in the day and coach Ken Hitchcock said White did not hurt his chances of making the team.
White has played in 797 career games and 114 playoff games. He was a second-round draft pick of the Devils in 1996.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort