Blues invite veteran D Colin White for tryout
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Blues addressed depth on defense, signing veteran defenseman Colin White to a tryout contract for training camp.
The 35-year-old White is a 12-year veteran and played in 54 games for the San Jose Sharks last season. He had one goal and three assists.
White was on the ice for a scrimmage Tuesday night after signing earlier in the day and coach Ken Hitchcock said White did not hurt his chances of making the team.
White has played in 797 career games and 114 playoff games. He was a second-round draft pick of the Devils in 1996.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments