Blues re-sign Chris Stewart to 1-year contract
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Blues re-signed forward Chris Stewart, coming off a somewhat disappointing season, to a one-year contract.
The 24-year-old Stewart had 15 goals and 15 assists in 79 games, along with a career 109 penalty minutes. He had two goals and 12 penalty minutes in seven playoff games.
Stewart had 15 goals and eight assists in just 23 games with St. Louis in 2010-11 after being acquired from Colorado in a deal for former No. 1 overall pick Erik Johnson. He was Colorado's first-round draft pick in 2006.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes