Bob Stoops: 'I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year'
NORMAN — Bob Stoops says he won't be leaving Oklahoma for Notre Dame.
I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year, he said. If (athletic director) Joe (Castiglione) will have me and President (David) Boren, that's what I intend to do. Speaking to reporters Monday afternoon, Stoops dispelled numerous reports that he would be the next coach at Notre Dame, but declined to comment on the nature or existence of his contact with school officials at the school in South Bend, Ind.
I will never confirm or deny whether I talk or not talk to anybody, and I won't be interviewing for any jobs, he said.
Notre Dame fired coach Charlie Weis on Monday, and Stoops had been rumored as a possible successor, as well as Cincinnati coach Brian Kelley, Gary Patterson of TCU and Floridas Urban Meyer.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister