Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops unhappy with defensive performance vs. West Virginia
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym and Jenni Carlson provided live coverage of Bob Stoops' Oklahoma football press conference via Twitter. It followed OU's 50-49 win over West Virginia. OU takes on Oklahoma State on Saturday in Norman.
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said the Sooners' defense had a "poor game" vs. West Virginia on Saturday, despite OU coming out with the 50-49 victory.
WVU receiver/running back Tavon Austin had a career day vs. the Sooners with more than 550 all-purpose yards.
Stoops, speaking at his weekly press conference, said Austin was able to rack up that kind of yardage due to missed tackles and bad defensive schemes.
Stoops said his Sooners will be challenged again in this weekend's Bedlam game vs. Oklahoma State.
Kickoff for the game in Norman is set for 2:30 p.m.
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym and Jenni Carlson provided live coverage of Stoops' press conference via Twitter. Here is a look at what else the coach had to say:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Nov 19The Sooners senior quarterback prepares to play his final...
Nov 19OU's head coach discusses the wacky win in West Virginia...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community