Bobcats rookie Kidd-Gilchrist injures back
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Bobcats forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, the No. 2 overall pick in the NBA draft, injured his lower back in the second quarter of Saturday night's game against San Antonio.
Kidd-Gilchrist appeared to tweak something in his lower back while battling for a rebound under the basket.
He fell straight to the floor and remained there while the action continued at the other end of the floor. After being attended to by trainers, Kidd-Gilchrist got up under his own power and walked off the floor gingerly while holding his lower back. He was immediately taken to the locker room for examination.
His return is uncertain.
Charlotte trailed San Antonio 59-44 at halftime.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense