Missing Pocola woman's body found in dry creek bed
Ruby Poole, 74, of Pocola, OK, went missing Oct. 17 from the eastern Oklahoma town near the Arkansas state line. Her daughter said authorities located Poole's body Saturday in Pocola.
POCOLA — The body of a 74-year-old woman missing for several weeks was found Saturday in a dry creek bed, her family confirmed.
Ruby Poole went missing on Oct. 17 after she wandered off from a relative's home in the eastern Oklahoma town, her daughter, Leslye Burke, said Sunday. Poole had dementia and required medication.
Burke learned from authorities Saturday evening that her mother's body had been found in the creek bed in Pocola by an individual walking in the area, she said. A bridge would have obscured the view of drivers looking for Poole, Burke said.
It's not clear what happened, but foul play isn't suspected, police said.
“Nothing was missing, like her jewelry and money,” she said. “Everything seemed to be intact.”
Pocola police officer John Limbocker said Poole's body was found about noon Saturday. Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation personnel were called in, and the body was taken to the state medical examiner's office to determine a cause of death, Limbocker said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law