Bodywork: In exercise, a little deception can go a long way
Stephen Prescott and Adam Cohen: Can the introduction of the “competition factor” initiate better performance?
Earlier this month, I was running a race and feeling spent. I’d drained my fuel tank in the first three quarters of the contest, and the late-race headwinds and hills weren’t helping matters.
But then a funny thing happened on the way to the finish. In the distance, I spotted another runner.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters