Bodywork: Top 5 medicine and health trends for 2013
Great advances in medical research and treatment will be in the works for 2013.
1. Another fad diet: Had enough of the Atkins? Done with Dukan? Ready for a year in which people will abandon fad diets altogether? Don't hold your breath. As surely as it will bring complaints about politicians and taxes, 2013 will deliver a new “miracle” diet endorsed by a celebrity. And — this I can see clearly in my magic orb — it will ultimately prove no more effective than eating healthily and exercising.
Happy New Year!
Prescott, a physician and medical researcher, is president of the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation. Cohen is a marathoner and OMRF's senior vice president and general counsel.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater