Bond denied for 4 accused of tattooing Oklahoma man
Bond has been denied for four people who allegedly tattooed the word “RAPEST” on the forehead of an Oklahoma man who has learning disabilities.
Videoview all videos
Jun 28Two men and two women were sentenced Tuesday to prison...
May 3An Oklahoma City man had RAPEST tattooed on his forehead...
Photoview all 14 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Richard Dellert, Zachary Provence, Kimberly Kirchler Vergara and Lorena Hodges remain in county jail following a brief video arraignment Friday in Oklahoma City.
They're each charged with kidnaping, maiming and assault and battery in the April 17 attack on 18-year-old Stetson Johnson. Prosecutors say they tattooed the word “RAPEST” across Johnson's forehead and beat him with a baseball bat at a Del City lake.
Special District Judge Russell Hall said public defenders will be appointed for each of the four. None of them spoke during the arraignment other than to state their names.
Their next court appearance is scheduled for May 19.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M