Boone Pickens wants TCU; reports say Big 12 interested in BYU, Air Force
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Last Sunday, an OU plane flew to Columbia, Mo., and then to College Station, Texas. An OU source said the plane, with Boren, first picked up Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton, chairman of the Big 12 board of directors, then flew to Texas A&M in an effort to engage the Aggies.
But OU sources said Boren also is interested in the Pac-12, just as he was last summer, when that league courted the Sooners.
“I don't think it's necessarily a time for joy and optimism,” a Big 12 source said about the future of the conference. Referring to OU and Texas, the source said, “Certain institutions have more and different leadership roles. I don't know that either of those have taken a position.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins