Bosox 3B Middlebrooks exits with sore right wrist
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — Boston Red Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks left Wednesday night's game against Baltimore in the first inning because of a sore right wrist.
Middlebrooks, who broke his right wrist on Aug. 10, 2012, grimaced after swinging at Chris Tillman's first pitch of the at-bat. He was removed and replaced by Pedro Ciriaco.
The Red Sox said that Middlebrooks would be evaluated on Thursday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort