Boy, 15, accused of raping his grandmother in Edmond
The boy was visiting from another state when the alleged incident occurred. The boy's uncle told detectives the boy said he “had sex with grandma.”
EDMOND — A 15-year-old boy is accused of raping his grandmother, court papers filed Monday in Oklahoma County District Court show.
The boy was booked on a complaint of first-degree rape.
He was being held Monday in the Oklahoma County jail, a jail official said. His bail is set at $25,000.
The woman, 59, called 911 to report the assault on July 14, three days after she said it happened, according to a probable cause affidavit.
The boy, who lives in another state, had been visiting since July 2, police reported.
The woman told police she takes several medications at night for medical reasons and that the medications “put her to sleep,” Edmond police Detective Michael S. Chesley wrote in the affidavit.
Police were waiting until the boy's mother flew to Oklahoma before interviewing him.
The alleged victim's son, who is also the boy's uncle, confronted the boy, who said he “had sex with grandma,” Chesley wrote in the affidavit.
A rape exam came back positive, police reported.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims