Boy dies after being pulled from Arcadia Lake
A 6-year-old boy died after being pulled Thursday night from Arcadia Lake, authorities said.
EDMOND — A 6-year-old boy died Thursday night after he was pulled from Arcadia Lake, authorities said.
About 9 p.m., family members reported the boy missing near the beach area of the lake.
The boy was found submerged in the lake, and he was pulled from the water, then first responders performed CPR, Edmond police spokeswoman Jennifer Monroe said.
He was taken to OU Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, she said.
The boy's name was not released Thursday.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say