Breaking down the NCAA wrestling championships
NCAA WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP
* Where: Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, Iowa
* When: Thursday through Saturday
NewsOK Related Articles
The first round begins at 11 a.m. Thursday. The Second round and consolations begin at 6 p.m.
* 125: Eddie Klimara, OSU, (28-15) vs. Steve Mitcheff, Kent State (28-11).
* 133: No. 7 Jon Morrison, OSU, (25-6), vs. Mackenzie McGuire, Kent State (20-15); No. 8 Cody Brewer, OU, vs. Matt Bystol, Columbia (9-10).
* 141: No. 2 Kendric Maple, OU (26-0), vs. Frank Goodwin, Maryland (7-9); Julian Feikert, OSU, (21-17), vs. Steven Keith, Harvard (28-8).
* 149: No. 1 Jordan Oliver, OSU, (32-0), vs. David Habat, Edinboro (27-7). Nick Lester, OU, vs. Josh Wilson, Utah Valley (21-8).
* 157: No. 6 Alex Dieringer, OSU, vs. Ryan Watts, Michigan State (21-12); Matt Lester, OU, (16-8), vs. Joshua Kreimier, Air Force (27-4).
* 165: No. 4 Tyler Caldwell, OSU, vs. Pierce Harger, Northwestern (25-8); No. 6 Bubby Graham, OU, vs. Bret Baumbach, Stanford (22-10).
* 174: No. 1 Chris Perry, OSU, (31-2), vs. Cody Weishoff, Oregon State (16-8).
* 184: No. 9 Chris Chionuma, OSU, (27-8), vs. Max Thomusseit, Pittsburgh (14-4).
* 197: No. 11 Blake Rosholt, OSU, (14-7), vs. Braden Atwood, Purdue (25-10).
* 285: No. 3 Alan Gelogaev, OSU, (24-3), vs. Ben Apland, Michigan (18-12).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed