Breaking down the NCAA wrestling championships
NCAA WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP
* Where: Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, Iowa
* When: Thursday through Saturday
NewsOK Related Articles
The first round begins at 11 a.m. Thursday. The Second round and consolations begin at 6 p.m.
* 125: Eddie Klimara, OSU, (28-15) vs. Steve Mitcheff, Kent State (28-11).
* 133: No. 7 Jon Morrison, OSU, (25-6), vs. Mackenzie McGuire, Kent State (20-15); No. 8 Cody Brewer, OU, vs. Matt Bystol, Columbia (9-10).
* 141: No. 2 Kendric Maple, OU (26-0), vs. Frank Goodwin, Maryland (7-9); Julian Feikert, OSU, (21-17), vs. Steven Keith, Harvard (28-8).
* 149: No. 1 Jordan Oliver, OSU, (32-0), vs. David Habat, Edinboro (27-7). Nick Lester, OU, vs. Josh Wilson, Utah Valley (21-8).
* 157: No. 6 Alex Dieringer, OSU, vs. Ryan Watts, Michigan State (21-12); Matt Lester, OU, (16-8), vs. Joshua Kreimier, Air Force (27-4).
* 165: No. 4 Tyler Caldwell, OSU, vs. Pierce Harger, Northwestern (25-8); No. 6 Bubby Graham, OU, vs. Bret Baumbach, Stanford (22-10).
* 174: No. 1 Chris Perry, OSU, (31-2), vs. Cody Weishoff, Oregon State (16-8).
* 184: No. 9 Chris Chionuma, OSU, (27-8), vs. Max Thomusseit, Pittsburgh (14-4).
* 197: No. 11 Blake Rosholt, OSU, (14-7), vs. Braden Atwood, Purdue (25-10).
* 285: No. 3 Alan Gelogaev, OSU, (24-3), vs. Ben Apland, Michigan (18-12).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents