Breathe Life into ball of the dead
Halloween-themed recipes from the Associated Press
In a food processor, combine the avocados, cream cheese and balsamic vinegar. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, then mix in the olives, Pappadews and marinated mushrooms. Season with salt and black pepper. If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface of the dip.
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
17.3-ounce package frozen puff pastry, thawed
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spritz lightly with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan with the Old Bay seasoning.
On a lightly floured surface, unfold 1 sheet of the puff pastry. Very lightly moisten the surface of the pastry with water. Sprinkle half the Parmesan mixture over it. Using a pizza wheel or a sharp knife, cut the dough into ½-inch strips. One at a time, grab each strip by its ends and twist once or twice to create a spiral. Arrange the strips on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about ½ inch between them.
Repeat the process with the second sheet of pastry and remaining Parmesan mixture.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit