Brian Robinson, Save Our Sonics director
Role in the fight: Robinson is the front man for Save Our Sonics, a grassroots fan group with more than 7,500 members.
NewsOK Related Articles
Why he's fighting: The Seattle native is a lifelong Sonics fan. After getting his degree at the University of Washington, he married and settled in Seattle, buying two retail coffee shops and operating a family-run real estate investment firm.
Several years ago, he launched www.sonicscentral.com and became the voice of the fan for many in Seattle.
What he's defending: It's a quality of life issue for Robinson. Watching the Sonics has always been a part of the thirtysomething's life, and he doesn't want that to change for him or any other fan.
"I want to be able to do with my kids the things I enjoy," Robinson said. "I think it will be a good bond for me and my son and my daughter.
"It's for the same reason Clay Bennett wants it. Clay and I have a lot in common on that."
Sonic sound bite: "The Mariners were selling season tickets in St. Petersburg, Fla., and the Seahawks had physically relocated their corporate office to Anaheim. Both of those teams were written off, and we saved them. We look at the history that we have and say until the day comes, we're gonna keep fighting." — Robinson
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes