Bricktown being destroyed by thugs and criminal activity
Closing Thunder Alley won't fix anything. The problem isn't Thunder fans. It's the people who loiter in Bricktown. They spend no money, they're scary and they're destroying the family atmosphere of Bricktown. Last November, we took our grandchildren to see the mayor's Christmas tree lighting. We spent lots of money on carriage rides, food and the “Muppet Movie.” We came out of the movie theater at 11 p.m. and immediately felt like we were walking through a war zone. On New Year's Eve, we went to dinner and a movie in Bricktown. We came out of the theater at 11:30 p.m. and heard five gunshots. We were terrified to walk to our car.
NewsOK Related Articles
Bricktown is a jewel in Oklahoma City's crown but it's being destroyed by thugs and criminal activity. This needs to stop before Bricktown ends up like the West End in Dallas — a ghost town.
Deborah Perkins, Choctaw
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say