Britain to clamp down on corporate tax avoidance
LONDON — The British government said Monday it would spend more money catching tax avoiders, after a lawmakers' committee accused major multinational companies including Starbucks, Google and Amazon of “immorally” dodging tax.
The companies insisted they operated within the law, although Starbucks announced it is reviewing its British tax practices in a bid to restore public trust.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say