Oklahoma State basketball: Brittney Martin has triple-double in Cowgirls' win
ARLINGTON, Texas — Brittney Martin recorded the first triple-double in Cowgirls history, and Toni Young scored 21 points on 10-of-13 shooting Saturday, helping No. 15 Oklahoma State improve to 9-0 for the third time in school history with a 90-54 win over Texas-Arlington.
Martin, a freshman, had 10 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists, along with five steals and two blocks.
Liz Donohoe added 19 points, Tiffany Bias chipped in 14 and Lindsey Keller had 13 for the Cowgirls, who shot 53.5 percent from the field and never trailed. OSU's 9-0 start is the school's first since the 1995-96 team won its first 10 games.
Desherra Nwanguma led the Mavericks (2-8) with 15 points and Eboni Watkins had 11. Texas-Arlington shot just 33 percent from the field, was outrebounded 45-29 and committed 17 turnovers.
Oklahoma State led 52-24 at halftime, scoring the last 12 points of the first half, and cruised from there.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims