Broken Arrow man dies after friend falls asleep at the wheel
A Broken Arrow man died in a wreck on the Will Rogers Turnpike when his friend fell asleep at the wheel, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers said.
A Broken Arrow man died in a wreck on the Will Rogers Turnpike Sunday, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers said.
Dayton Wilson, 21, died after the wreck about 2 a.m. at mile marker 304 two miles east of Afton in Ottawa County, troopers said.
Wilson was a passenger in a car driven by Zachary L. Wofford, 26, of Tulsa. Troopers said Wofford fell asleep at the wheel while driving west on the turnpike. The car hit a concrete barrier wall and rolled three times.
Wilson was pronounced dead at the scene. Wofford refused treatment for his injuries and a second passenger was not injured, troopers said.
Everyone in the car was wearing a seat belt.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister