Broken water line being repaired on Northwest Expressway in Oklahoma City
A water line has broken on Northwest Expressway. Traffic is affected.
3:15 p.m. City officials have shut down the leaking water line, which is impacting a few businesses west of Rockwell Avenue on Northwest Expressway, spokeswoman Debbie Ragan said.
Videoview all videos
Dec 3A water line has broken on Northwest Expressway. Traffic...
Photoview all photos
“We don't know what caused it yet,” Ragan said.
The eastbound right lane is closed while crews work, she said.
It likely will take workers three to five hours to repair the leak, depending on what they find, Ragan said.
11:45 a.m. A broken water line is affecting traffic on Northwest Expressway, police said.
Water is shooting into the air at 7402 Northwest Expressway, police Capt. Dexter Nelson said.
Police are diverting motorists from the area. City crews have responded and are expected to shut down Northwest Expressway to make repairs, city utilities spokeswoman Debbie Ragan said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 79546Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30543Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28179Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26729Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7711Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7142Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7088Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond