Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Ryan Broyles will be out with a collarbone injury. ASSOCIATED PRESSLast fall, Broyles was only one of two true freshmen along with quarterback Keith Nichol to appear on the preseason depth chart. But a day before the season opener, Stoops suspended Broyles after he was charged with stealing gas from a Norman-area convenience store. Instead of playing, Broyles redshirted. But he began to create a buzz again in December while emulating West Virginia dual-threat quarterback Pat White during practices leading up to the Fiesta Bowl. And Broyles carried that momentum as a playmaker into the spring. When he recovers, the 5-foot-10, 175-pound Broyles should factor into the receiver rotation, especially in the slot. "He's not the tallest in stature, but he makes up for it with his explosiveness,” Norvell said. "He was making a lot of big plays. He's going to be a good player.”
Broyles out for rest of spring, should be OK for fall
NewsOK Related Articles
Ryan Broyles will be out with a collarbone injury. ASSOCIATED PRESS
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion