Taking his rookie medicine
DETROIT — Ryan Broyles wasn’t an hour into his first training-camp practice with the Lions when he got his official rookie welcome.
As Broyles — activated off the nonfootball injury list before Sunday’s practice — lined up for a one-on-one receiver drill opposite cornerback Dontrell Johnson, coach Jim Schwartz noticed a piece of equipment dangling from his helmet.
“Button your (bleeping) chinstrap,” Schwartz said loud enough for Broyles and most of the 1,200 or so fans in attendance to hear.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma