Bryant and Gasol's horse to run at Hollywood Park
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A horse co-owned by Los Angeles Lakers stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol is set to run in Sunday's first race at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Siempre Mo is trained by Doug O'Neill, who guided I'll Have Another to recent victories in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness.
Siempre Mo will take on five other older horses at six furlongs in the $12,500 claiming race. He will be ridden by Joy Scott. The 4-year-old gelding won his most recent start by 2¼ lengths on March 31 at Santa Anita.
Bryant and Gasol are part-owners along with Santa Anita CEO Mark Verge, who says Gasol has been a regular visitor at O'Neill's barn since the Lakers lost in the second round of the playoffs.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister