Bucks beat Raptors 122-114 in overtime
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Monta Ellis did it — again.
Ellis scored six of his 23 points in overtime and Ersan Ilyasova and Brandon Jennings added five apiece in the extra period to spark the Milwaukee Bucks to a 122-114 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Saturday night.
Ellis was the star of the Bucks' 110-107 victory over the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night. He scored 27 points, but it was his last shot, a 3-pointer at the buzzer, that sealed the win.
Against Toronto, Ellis was 9 of 18 from the floor and had five assists and rebounds and three steals.
"We played hard and found a way to finish the game," Ellis said. "These last few games, I'm just taking what the defense is giving me."
Ellis likes the impact that newly acquired J.J. Redick has had.
"Adding J.J. to the team stretches the defense and opens up a lot of things for Brandon and me," Ellis said. Redick was acquired Feb. 21 in a trade with Orlando.
Ilyasova finished with 29 points and 11 rebounds, while Jennings had a career-high 19 assists, including one in overtime for Milwaukee.
"They executed their plays in that overtime very well," Kyle Lowry said after finishing with his first triple-double this season. "They jumped out to a 6-0 lead in overtime and we kind of had to play catch up from there."
Lowry had 10 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists, Alan Anderson scored 21 points off the bench and Amir Johnson added 19 for Toronto, which lost for the fourth consecutive time and fifth in six games since tying a season best with a five-game winning streak.
Toronto was without Rudy Gay, the team's leading scorer at 18 points per game, who was a game-time decision due to back spasms.
"I loved our fight with Rudy being out," Toronto's head coach Dwane Casey said. "Our guys are pulling together, pulling for each other."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims