Budweiser’s Clydesdale foal is named Hope
Anheuser-Busch said Tuesday that its contest to find a name for a foal born Jan. 16 at the company’s Clydesdale ranch in mid-Missouri generated more than 60,000 tweets, Facebook comments and other messages.
ST. LOUIS — The three-week-old star of Budweiser’s Super Bowl ad now has a name: Hope.
Anheuser-Busch said Tuesday that its contest to find a name for the foal born Jan. 16 generated more than 60,000 tweets, Facebook comments and other messages. Hope was one of the more popular names generated through the social media effort.
Other suggestions were nods to the song featured in the commercial, including Landslide — the name of the song — and Stevie — for Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort