Build a Potting Bench This Spring
We are all itching for spring here at Networx HQ. We are gearing up for gardening and outdoor living projects, and we can't wait to see yours. If you have an amazing gardening or home improvement project that you'd like to write about and see published, please send it to: editor at networx dot com. You might just get to see your name "in print"!
Potting benches are an amazing convenience for gardeners. No more squatting or kneeling on the ground while potting plants; they provide a place to keep garden tools organized but handy. Potting benches can be built, of course, from new lumber. However, they are an excellent project of you have wood to upcycle. A funky, rambling, country look only adds to the charm of a potting bench.
Pallets make excellent potting benches. There are so many projects that can be built from shipping pallets, from outdoor sofas to bed frames. Pallets lend themselves well to rustic outdoor furniture like potting benches. So what if the finish is less than perfect? It's going to get covered in potting soil, anyway! Besides, the rough finish of a shipping pallet potting bench just adds character to your outdoor living space. You can paint a shipping pallet potting bench bright, fun colors, or go as basic as leaving it unfinished. The number of pallets you'll need to build a potting bench depends on your design. One thing is for sure: You'll need some power tools to do this project, especially a power saw and a power drill. I got this idea from a DIY Jacksonville carpenter. Click on the link at the beginning of this paragraph to learn more about how she made her lovely potting bench.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister