Bull rider Austin Meier loves to hunt
PBR star works on hunting when he's not working or tending to his ranch
NewsOK Related Articles
“It's hard to explain why I like it so much,” Meier said. “I guess it's just bred into me, being out in the wild.”
His wife, Kristen, also is an avid hunter and the couple has spent countless hours together in a deer blind.
As far as the proposed new deer hunting regulation which would limit Oklahoma deer hunters to one buck for the combined gun and muzzleloader seasons, Meier said, “If it was me, I would make it where you had to take a doe out before you could use your buck tag. Being so overpopulated in does, we've got to create it where hunters want to take does.”
And on his bucket list?
“I would like to do a red stag hunt in New Zealand and I really want to try and get me a moose. I have been a couple of time but I haven't got one yet,” he said.
“I don't' do a lot of elk hunting. It's not something I try to schedule. I am chasing them whitetails.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister