Bull riding: Norman native Sean Willingham wins WinStar Invitational
Willingham collects $35,806. He's the only cowboy to successfully ride three bulls over the weekend.
Photoview all 13 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Nine years I went without missing an event,” Willingham said. “I got cut and it was kind of hard for me that I wasn't here. It just kind of took me back. I think I was putting too much pressure on myself at them Challengers (last year) to get back here before I was ready because I was injured. I just needed to go home and heal up.”
Sunday marked the seventh time that Willingham has won in the PBR, but he said the victory was just as sweet as his first because of the circumstances. The win in Oklahoma City should ensure that Willingham remains in the top 35 and on the Built Ford Tough Series for the rest of the season.
“I think this is probably the most memorable win I will ever have,” he said. “It puts me back to where I need to be, going to these each and every weekend.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims