Bulls hire Hagen as assistant GM
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Bulls have hired New Orleans executive Brian Hagen as their assistant general manager.
Hagen spent the previous nine seasons with the Hornets on their basketball operations staff, most recently as the director of player personnel. In that role, he coordinated the team's amateur and professional scouting operations and assisted in evaluating free agents and potential trade acquisitions.
He also spent time as the team's video coordinator, director of basketball operations, director of scouting and assistant to the general manager. Before joining the Hornets, Hagen was an assistant coach at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in 2002-03.
In a statement, Bulls general manager Gar Forman calls him "one of the best young scouts and executives in the league." Chicago announced the hiring on Tuesday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort