Bulls say Hamilton has torn tissue in left foot
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Bulls say veteran guard Richard Hamilton has torn tissue in his left foot.
The team says an MRI on Sunday confirmed he tore the plantar fascia tissue and will return "as his symptoms permit." Hamilton left Saturday's game against Philadelphia in the third quarter and returned to hit three of four free throws in the final 20 seconds, clinching a 93-88 win.
He said afterward that he felt something pop on the bottom of his foot.
Injuries limited him to 28 games last season — his first in Chicago.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction